RUSTOLEUM 2169 RED OXIDE PRIMER SPRAY 500ml
£12.64 inc. VAT
Rust-oleum Hard Hat Red Oxide Primer
RUST-OLEUM® Hard Hat Aerosol Red Primer 2169 is a fast drying primers based on a short oil soya alkyd. This product contains rust-inhibitive pigments and are lead and chromate free.
- Appearance: Flat
- Propellant: Dimethyl ether
- Recommended film thickness: 25 ìm dry, equals averagely 80 ìm wet
- VOC-content: 630 g/l
Drying times 20°C/50% r.v.
- To touch: 15 minutes
- To handle: 30 minutes
- To recoat: Within 1 hour or after 48 hours
- Full hardness 7 days
- Heat resistance: 100°C (dry heat)
- Theoretical: 2.5 m² per spray can at 25 ìm dry
- Practical: Practical coverage depends on many factors such as porosity and roughness of the substrate and material losses during application.
Remove dirt, grease, oil, loose rust and all other surface contaminants by appropriate means. Prime or spot prime with the recommended RUST-OLEUM Primers. Sand intact coatings to provide a proper key for adhesion. The surface must be clean and dry during application.
DIRECTION FOR USE
Remove cover cap. Shake vigorously for at least one minute after the rattle of mixing ball is heard. Shake frequently during use. Hold can approx. 25 cm from surface. Use back and forth motion keeping can parallel with surface. Ensure that can is in motion when spray button is pressed to avoid runs and sags. Apply several thin layers at a few minutes interval to achieve adequate coating thickness. After use turn can upside down and press spray button for 2 – 3 seconds to clean valve.
For good results the relative humidity shall be below 85% and the temperature of the can above and substrate 0°C.
Bright topcoats may need a light coloured primer/intermediate coat.